Tuesday 26 November 2013

November 17 - November 23, 2013

Winter surprisingly came a-calling a little early this week; off went my fall jacket, on came the long wool coat. What a great excuse though to buy some new booties. Alas, not the fancy high ones; these are the "off to work we go, walking through the snow" boots. There's drifts of snow on the ground and a North wind sighing through the trees - time to try them out. By the way, they're funky boots with stripy laces - love 'em.


Found one more name "tag" pin amongst my Christmas brooches that should have been worn with the bunch of name tags last week, so I'm pairing it with a brooch that resides on a spring coat (better late than never) - another Paris vacance brooch and my favourite of these. 


My Father gave this pin to my Mom during WWII. It's a pin made out of a bullet. When I left home, I got to take with me some dishes from the trunk, and this bullet brooch that I had coveted for years. Thanks Mom. I still treasure it.


As soon as I saw this button at the Woodstock Fleece Festival I knew it was meant to be a brooch. It has a very retro "Beam me up Scotty" type of design. It just took a metal smith friend to saw off the bump at the back, some flexible glue and a brooch back, and voila, c'est magnifique. Don't you wonder what clothing this lovely button graced?


I adore this pin. It's worn often during a normal year when I'm not wearing every brooch I own. It sits just right on any piece of clothing, and that beautiful blue with the "pearls", the dancing leaves - fab! 


Thank you Botticelli for doing justice to a fellow redhead. Although my hair no longer radiates with that redhead gleam, inside I'm still a rootin, tootin, redhead. 


An iconic structure - Big Ben in London, England. Go if you've never been there. It's bustling to the brim, a wide-awake city.


Bought this button brooch recently. Like the simplicity of it. Doesn't it make you wonder what you can find in your old button jar? Do people still have those jars? When I have clothing that I've turned into rags, I always cut the buttons off and put them in an old tin. I see a winter project on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen anything like the bullet brooch before. How unique. I hope its a spent bullet.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete