Saturday 2 November 2013

October 20 - October 26, 2013

It's a sing-a-long:
I love Paris in the springtime,
I love Paris in the fall,
I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles, 
I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles.

I love Paris every moment,
Every moment of the year,
I love Paris, why, oh why do I love Paris,
Because my love is near.

This week's brooches are all tourist Eiffel Tower brooches. Two of them came from our trips there, and the rest are from friends who know of my penchant for them. My first sighting of these brooches occurred on the Broadview bus in Toronto when I was a teenager - a student had one on her kilt. And I immediately knew I had to find this brooch. Years later, I now have seven, a few look identical except for teeny differences. I love them all.

My bedside lamp was my Mom's last lamp. It's not my style but it was her's, but I've Heatherized it by attaching these brooches on the shade. Here they are in situ. Please note, there's still lots of room for more of them. Hint, hint.




And of course, here's the seven Eiffels. And yes, I've walked up it - twice.



No comments:

Post a Comment