Sunday 22 December 2013

December 15 - December 21, 2013

Surprise, surprise, a second blog on the same day, and it only took me one glass of wine to finish them both - I sipped slowly. Here's blog #2.
Finally, a snow storm. Lots of fluffy snow, perfect for snow angels. A friend and I are both snow angel fanatics. We have a friendly competition each year. Sigh - she won last year. Now I want you to try it - flop down on some pristine snow, the fluffier the better, so you go poof into the snow, make your angel, and then lie there quietly, feeling the coolness on your back. Look up into the sky, through the trees and just breathe - it's perfection. 


It's a Monkey you cry, it's not a Christmas brooch, but it is to me. I think it's the scarf with the little stars. The head is stuffed, and yes, it came with a brooch back attached. I find it charming - friends tend to differ with me about the seasonal aspect and the brooch aspect and that I like it so. Variety is the spice of life.


I know I said this before, but I'm saying it again. I like Church Bazaars. I picked this one up years ago at The Candy Cane Bazaar. I don't know why but I love it!


Another one of those brooches that look like it came from a craft class. It makes me want to make some shell brooches, then Christmas finishes, the brooches are put away and I forget until I see it next year. This brooch creeps a friend out. She likes shells on a beach, individual ones are swell, but not when they're in a pattern. Can't imagine who terrified her with shells as a child. Where's Freud when you need him.


I haven't made a snowman since that son of mine was a kid. A few days ago I saw a "snowman" group down the street on a front lawn, Ma, Pa, kids, plus a cat and a dog. Take a boo at the snowmen or snowpeople Calvin (from the comics) makes - funny funny in a darkly funny way. Anyway, I enjoy wearing this brooch as I can move the arms and hairdo into many a-direction. 


A leg fell off this moose and a work bud said she'll take it home and fix it for me so that it would be four-legged again. When I got it back, it was now the proud owner of a fifth appendage. Makes me laugh.


I like this dancing tree. Bought it at Christmas in Paris (Ontario that is) years ago and keep hoping that she'll make some again. Will have to beg.


A brooch from the 40s or 50s. Saw it in the window of a retro store in Toronto on Queen Street West a few decades back and it was retro then. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh that funky snowman brooch is so you! and I love the that she "hung" an ornament on the moose.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete