Sunday 22 December 2013

December 8 - December 14, 2013

I'm tres late in posting. What excuse shall I use? .......shopping... baking.... partying...snow shovelling...watching Christmas movies...ahh, the excuse list goes on and on. But the brooches don't and it's getting close to the empty jewellery box.
Here's 7 more Christmas brooches.

If my egg-noggled brain rightly recalls, this was in a Christmas cracker methinks. It's a pressed metal brooch, weighing zippo. 

A balsam at Christmas always graces a corner of our dining room. Violet, Moggy and Purdy (the cats) get very excited when we bring it in. The feline festive fun is zooming under and around the tree spraying presents in their wake.This tree brooch has a more refined look than ours - I like the crisscross pattern with the tiny pieces of coloured glass on this brooch, just like the tiny lights on a tree.

I think both this brooch and the one previous are Avon brooches. I've never bought anything from Avon but I'm glad friends do as I get some pretty tree brooches.

A funky poinsettia pin. Not a fan of these plants but I do like this pin.

This was a freebie from a favourite gift store downtown. And who doesn't like freebies, especially when they are a tree brooch.

I like wreaths, the cheerfulness of them. The red has disappeared from most of the berries on this holly wreath, but there is still a hint of it. Don't you love wandering around secondhand stores and finding a hidden treasure. 

I like how this Santa is dressed in a onesie and that the bell still jingles. Not when I walk though, I would have to jump up and down along the street, and I'm tooooooooo dignified for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment