Sunday 23 June 2013

June 9 - June 15, 2013

Yikers!  Used wrong date on last posting - it was a loooooong work week, felt like 2 weeks, but the week date should have ended on June 8th. I don't think any of you noticed anyway.
  Here's the next seven.


I think I went through a leather brooch faze years ago. Here's the last of them. I don't have a lepidopteran field guide so I don't know if you can find one of these flitting around your garden but I like it all the same.


When first I was offered this brooch, I wasn't so sure about it, but it has grown on me. Couldn't think what it reminded me of - first I thought a spider with multi legs, then a starburst in the heavens, finally, it dawned on me. It reminds me of those wall clocks in the fifties - the dial face replaces the lovely blue stone in the centre. I love those clocks........and this brooch.


Our cat Violet is a large fuzz ball. She has layers and layers of fur with a lovely neck ruff somewhat like this brooch although her legs are furry to her toes.


A friend's sister gave me this brooch. It'a a little bit spooky but don't we all need an angel or two looking out for our kitties.


Another Russian pin. Have nooooo idea what it's celebrating or not celebrating but I muchly like the design and colour of it. 


I like this strange and smiling fish. This one comes from up around Killaloe, Ontario way, an area brimming with artists (and lovely woods and lakes). 


I got this from the Maritime Museum in Lunenburg Nova Scotia. It's the famous Bluenose schooner. If ever you are out in The Maritimes, go to Lunenburg - beautiful town, great museum. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't notice the date, says something about my relationship with time these days. As I just spent 7 days sailing I have to confess the Bluenose is my favourite, even though I have no ambition to partake of "blue water" sailing.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete