Sunday 9 June 2013

May 26 - June 1, 2013

As a Canadian, the weather has always been a top discussion topic. On CBC radio, they announce the weather occurring in different parts of Ontario, sometimes the only variance being 1 degree Celsius. I know the temp and if there's sun/rain/snow in Thunder Bay, Toronto, Renfrew County, and on and on, (sadly, they no longer include Pickle Lake)....... each day. I love the CBC for many reasons, but that's one of them - it's quirky! Here, in my town it was H.....O....T!
And that's all I gotta say. 
Here's another 7.


Lizards and their kin are another favourite creature. My brother had a salamander named Henry when we were kids. We would put him in our shirts and he would run around and poke his head out of our sleeves. He was wonderful. The Iguana on the other hand was not so friendly. This coppery guy is pretty snazzy - I like the rough simpleness of it.


Yes, beware of red-headed girls. If she had a speech bubble I think it would be "Well I Oughta......." said in a threatening voice (I like her little fist). Did Jackie Gleason use to say that? - my mind's a fog. 


I love this beautiful delicate brooch - the shoes are perfect miniatures. Wish they came in size 8 1/2. Another kid remembrance -  the Toronto CNE. Every year we'd pay our money and go into the tent and see the Tattooed Man and other intriguing individuals. My favourite was "The Fat Lady". Her name was Dainty Dora. She was always dressed well and I was impressed with how teeny her feet looked. I now call feet Dainty Doras. 


I've always liked mosaics and although this brooch is a bit on the rough side, it's pretty. In a Bill Bryson book he mentions stumbling across a Roman mosaic 
floor while he was on a trek through the British countryside. Fortunate man.


This is the easiest brooch to put on. I like the dangley beads and you can spin them (good play value). And it's the brooch equivalent of worry beads. I've always wondered how the beads were put on the pin.


Now this is one happy moon. Look at that grin. I think he's ready to burst out in song ......Oh would you like to swing on a star, carry moon beams home in a jar.................................   


Delicate china pansies. Usually these brooches take a bit of manoeuvring to get  them to sit right on your clothing, but this one has perfect balance. And lovely  soft colours.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can't decide which is my favourite this time. I love the moon, it looks like a very mischievous grin to me. But I also love the pansies, one of my favourite flowers.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete