Saturday 1 June 2013

May 19 - May 25, 2013

I was off on a toot to the Ontario Hooking  Craft Guild Convention in Kingston for a few days with some friends. Good times! So now I'm playing catch-up blog time again.
Viola, here's 7 more.



It was the Victoria long weekend and I got down and dirty with the garden. Had to wear something appropriate with my gardening outfit of old tee shirt and rolled up jeans. Gee, what would Martha have worn?



Yikers, I lost another brooch, but this time in my front garden I think amongst the lavender, or the lilies, or the grass, (which needs cutting) or......Strange thing is, I lost a pair of yellow pliers in the front garden last year, and now my pretty yellow bird brooch. My neighbour and I think it's a Bermuda Triangle for yellow things. If you live in town, please take a boo at the garden as you meander by, you might catch sight of it. Note: I was going to wear my Queen brooch today, it being Q V B-Day but thought I'd get it dirty so I was going to wear bird while gardening, Queen while relaxing with wine on porch later in the day, then split the time the next day. Sigh!



Yesterday was Queen Victoria's birthday so I wear this Queen Liz brooch as a nod to that British monarch (see bird brooch blather above). Got this at a friend's yard sale; she had set it aside for me. She bought it in Tucson Arizona a long time ago. I love it. Love the twinklies, and wasn't she a beautiful young woman. As an aside; this holiday was also called Fire Cracker day when I was a kid.


Throwing my mind back some decades, I think a sister (the 4 year older one - you know who you are) made this brooch. At the church there was a once-a-week summer craft program. I remember sunlight streaming through the church windows, and for a break, a Dixie cup with orange Freshie, and those nummy British biscuits (butter cookies that had patterns on them). This brooch has lost a few tail feathers and wing bits but I treasure it as I do those memories. Please note: it should be interesting what the difference in remembrance between my sister and me. Maybe my other siblings will join in.


I had chosen to wear another brooch today (actually a second CGIT pin since I was heading off to a cottage with friends) but while checking morning email, Goggle had a Mountie in celebration of their 140th Anniversary. This isn't an old pin - did I get it when I finally saw The Musical Ride? Je ne sais pas.



This button pin makes me laugh. I wore it at the OHCG Convention (see blather  at top). It can be read HOOK, or HO OK. For all the jokes about "hookers" when you are a rug hooker, it is a perfect pin. Thanks dear friend.



I saw my first dragonfly of the season this week. I like that small iridescent green glass for the body and the happy curve of its "tail". OK, it can't be called tail - what is that called?

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time, since you started the blog that I have seen some of the broaches in the blog, in person. I feel rather privileged.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete